PPD Senior Director, SIA Team Management in Wilmington, North Carolina
The Senior Director, SIA Team Management is responsible for the effective operations and development of the global site intelligence and activation team management function. Provides strategic direction and creates a high performance culture through leadership, management, coaching and development to achieve delivery of site intelligence and activation service targets/measures (e.g. cost, quality, time) and the effective development & implementation of systems, processes and policies for the group.
Ensures a global strategic approach for management of SIA activities across the PPD portfolio, across a client portfolio, and within an individual study. Develops and maintains strategic relationships with customers. Manages deliverables within the project and department operating budgets.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a scientific or related discipline
Demonstrates depth of knowledge/ experience (comparable to 15 years) of clinical drug development and trial process, attained within the pharmaceutical industry and/or CRO
Significant evidence of managing/leading teams/departments/divisions (comparable to 7 years)
Significant evidence of successfully leading operations within a regional/global complex matrix environment (comparable to 10 years)
Project management/product development experience
Or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning and organization skills.
Ability to analyze data, anticipate and mitigate risk, exercise sound judgment, problem solving and decision-making working under pressure and at times with limited desired information.
Uses personal influence and persuasion to effectively promote ideas and proposals to shape stakeholder opinions
Demonstrates the ability to develop and cultivate strong internal/external networks of contacts and resources to help ensure operational execution
A relationship builder who is able to work effectively in matrix environments
Is an ambassador for change, influences and motivates, demonstrates solid interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
Effective negotiation and problem solving skills
Demonstrates credible leadership style, with concise, well organized oral and written communication skills and proven ability to mobilize and foster team productivity.
Ability to motivate managers and supervisors to define and reach team objectives
Expertise in budgeting, forecasting, and resource management
Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
Must be extremely efficient, well organized and demonstrate a strong attention to detail
Computer skills, particularly word processing and spreadsheets (MS Word and MS Excel)
Must be able to work independent of direct supervision
Has a solid understanding of FDA, GCP, and ICH guidelines with a track record of successful operational delivery
• Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
• Moderate mobility required.
• Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
• Ability to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups both internally & externally.
• Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
• Performs a wide range of complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
• Regular and consistent attendance.
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group.
*Job: Site and Patient Access
*Organization: Clin Dev-United States (CLDUS)
*Title: Senior Director, SIA Team Management
*Location: North Carolina-Wilmington - Home Based
*Requisition ID: 146279