Fortive Corporation Production Supervisor in Wilmington, North Carolina
The position is with Specialty Product Technologies (SPT). SPT manufactures and markets products that sense, measure and control temperature, position, quantity, time, level and flow in the Process Automation and Factory Automation Markets. The Specialty Product Technologies business unit generates approximately $100m in revenue combined with significant operating profit. With two locations; Elizabethtown NC (approximately 60 minutes from Wilmington NC suburbs) and Plainville CT (approximately 20 minutes from Hartford, CT), the business unit has more than 350 associates performing marketing, sales, product development, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain management, human resources, finance and customer service activities. The business is comprised of a variety of product lines under industry recognized brand names including Veeder Root, Eagle Signal, Namco, Dolan Jenner, Joslyn Clark, Superior Electric, Thomson, Hecon, and Partlow. The markets served include electronic timers and counters, mechanical times and counters, voltage control components, variable transformers, thermoplastic bearings, safety light curtains, proximity sensors, fire pump controllers, limit switches and chart recorders.
Supervise the day-to-day operations of assigned area with responsibility for producing product and achieving production Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Schedules.
• Manage safety, quality, delivery and cost, and assure goals are meet. Enter daily productivity data; responsible for production control boards, and update daily control charts at shift end. Maintain visual management systems.
• Keep management, schedulers, and buyers informed of production status/issues and develop countermeasures as required.
• Identify opportunities and lead continuous improvement efforts to include execution of FBS tools through kaizen events.
• Utilize problem solving techniques to identify root cause and implement sustainable corrective actions.
• Routinely monitor and audit to ensure Kanban cards are accurately pulled and processed. Communicate inventory issues to achieve quality, delivery, and costs goals.
• Coordinate activities for the team and labor usage between departments.
• May establish new cells.
• Promote teamwork while communicating to cell associates and support groups on production, material, quality, delivery, and equipment related issues. Inform other shifts of pertinent production status.
• Responsible for planning and scheduling of projects, area goals, training and defining new processes, continual improvement, and other future issues.
• Manage disciplinary issues, review timesheets, monitor attendance, and schedule vacations.
• Responsible for performance appraisals of assigned employees and recommend appropriate status changes and/or salary increases.
Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Provides direction to associates according to established policies and management guidance.
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3 year’s experience, or equivalent of education and experience.
• Requires comprehensive knowledge of Specialty Products processes, products, procedures, methods, culture, and systems as they relate to the manufacturing function.
• Experience with Kaizen and Kanban processes and procedures, and with human resource management principles.
• Interpersonal, communication, computer and advanced problem resolution skills required.
• Demonstrated leadership experience required
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Job: Manufacturing / Operations
Primary Location: North America-United States-NC-Elizabethtown
Other Locations: North America-United States-NC-Wilmington, North America-United States-NC-Fayetteville
Organization: Specialty Products
EEO Statement: "The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a ""Fortive Company."" Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."
Req ID: SPE000173