SMG Maintenance Technician in Wilmington, North Carolina
Position- Maintenance Technician
Facility Name- Wilmington Convention Center
POSITION: Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time / Hourly / Non-Exempt
Summary: SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician at the Wilmington Convention Center in Wilmington, NC. The Maintenance Technician under general supervision, performs work as needed to maintain and repair facility operating systems during event times. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Perform general building maintenance to include wall patching, painting, carpentry, plumbing repairs, re-lamping, replacing ceiling tiles, and basic electrical repairs.
- Interpret, explain and apply building codes, rules and regulations involved in assigned maintenance activities. Maintain shop equipment and workstation with attention to safety and housekeeping.
- Follow all preventative maintenance programs, energy management programs, and standard operating procedures of the facility.
- Troubleshoots various maintenance problems around the facility and performs repairs as necessary.
- Responsible for keeping the maintenance areas clean and orderly, tools and equipment is stored properly.
- Notify Director of Operations of equipment in need of repairs or when supplies are low.
- Follow established safety guidelines and maintains a safe working environment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of general techniques in painting, plumbing, carpentry, building hardware, and electrical/lighting systems.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, regulations, rules, and emergency procedures established for the facility.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive, and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and use simple hand-held, manual and power tools needed for performance of general maintenance duties.
- Perform manual labor for extended amounts of time.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered during employment.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time on hard-surface floor.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to obtain a license and operate a forklift and scissor lift.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- Two or more years of experience in general maintenance.
- Able to read and understand English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical duties including lifting, carrying, moving, and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Climbing ladders and working from heights as necessary.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for long periods of time.
- Some exposure to adverse conditions.
- May be exposed to weather conditions.
- May require being in and out of doors several times a day.
- May be limited exposure to heat and cold, dust, pollen, fumes.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000320001206#/
SMG‐Wilmington Convention Center
10 Convention Center Drive
Wilmington, NC 28401
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 910-251-5101.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled