SMG Human Resources Designee / Finance Assistant in Wilmington, North Carolina
Manage all aspects of the WCC Human Resources Department at the facility level on a day-to-day basis consistent with SMG corporate goals and policies. Ensure all policies and procedures are being administered fairly and consistently throughout the facility. Process payroll through the ADP system on a bi-weekly basis. Assist with other tasks as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows SMG Human Resources policies to assure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Maintains compliance with state regulations concerning employment.
- Administers various Human Resources plans and procedures for all facility personnel.
- Performs recruitment activities. Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions with Director and General Manager approval. Plans and conducts new employee orientations.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates training or trains Managers in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance management, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment. Coordinates training or trains employees in SMG Customer Service Training.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Advises the corporate office of EEOC complaints and other employee relations problems.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review and salary administration program.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance. Services as the COBRA and FMLA Administrator for facility.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Processes payroll for facility on a bi-weekly basis through ADP website.
- Greets all customers/clients/vendors arriving in administrative offices and guides as necessary.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year College or University.
- 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience administering benefits programs.
Skills and Abilities
- Solid knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills essential.
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Word and Excel. Experience with ADP or HRIS software payroll systems desirable.
Irregular hours and minimal land and/or air travel may be required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
You may visit our websites at: www.businessmadecasual.com
Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to:
Ariel Popa Wilmington Convention Center 10 Convention Center Drive Wilmington, NC 28401
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1023.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled