Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. CDL Delivery Driver in Wilmington, North Carolina
CDL Delivery Driver
If a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment for its associates sounds good to you, Ferguson may just be the place for you. Our people are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer service, which has helped shape us into the industry leader we are today.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill a need for a CDL Delivery Driver in our new Wilmington, NC HVAC location opening early Summer 2018.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Deliver materials by the time scheduled by the supervisor
· Validate directions to delivery sites
· Unload or assist in unloading material as required
· Ensure that material is properly secured and within specified weight limits
· Ensure delivery and/or pickup of delivery documents and obtain necessary signatures when applicable
· Communicate with the supervisor throughout the shift
· Pick up materials to be transferred between locations
· Secure and return packing list(s)
· Verify all material has been unloaded and placed at the delivery site
· Verify the signature on required paperwork. Print name next to signature if necessary
· Review delivered orders with the supervisor for completion, accuracy, and format
· Return all required paperwork to warehouse, and verify that none is missing
· Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections
· Comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT) standards and regulations
· Fuel the truck as necessary
· Report any vehicle problems, moving violations, accidents, and defects to the supervisor
· Compliance with company uniform policy
· Assist in warehouse as necessary
Hold a valid current Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
Have Hazmat endorsement
Driving record in compliance with Ferguson driver standards
Hold Ferguson Values
Safety and DOT knowledge
Material Handling Equipment Certification
Warehouse layout familiarity
Basic computer skills
As a large, successful company who prides itself on its stability, Ferguson is able to offer a competitive benefits package which includes the following: medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays), recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson raises the bar for industry standards as the top-rated wholesale supplier of commercial and residential plumbing supplies. However, our expertise goes beyond plumbing. We are a diverse distributor that spans multiple businesses including HVAC/R, waterworks and industrial. In the past 65 years, we’ve grown from a local distributor to a $15 billion dollar company with more than 1,400 locations and over 24,000 associates nationwide. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class service, and our customers know that “Nobody expects more from us than we do” is more than just a tagline to Ferguson associates. It’s a cultural belief that is demonstrated every day through exceptional customer service, product selection and industry knowledge.