Titan America Concrete Mixer Truck Driver - New Bern, NC in New Bern, North Carolina
S&W; Ready Mix, Titan America is currently seeking Ready Mix Driver for the Ready Mix Concrete Plant in New Bern, NC. This position is responsible for safe and efficient commercial vehicle operations.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Safely operate truck in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and company regulations.
- Efficiently load and deliver perishable product to customer striving to provide quality and good customer service.
- Follow procedures to ensure truck is safe to operate. When not performing driving duties assist with plant maintenance, cleanup and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete required pre and post trip inspections reporting necessary maintenance as required.
- Operate truck to receive load, evaluate slump and drive to job site. Safely maneuver truck on job site, attach chutes to discharge material, clean truck to minimize concrete buildup.
- Complete all forms, tickets and required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Keep inside and outside of truck clean.
- Communicate with dispatch, maintenance and plant management to facilitate the flow of information required to provide good customer service.
- Communicate with customers, co-workers, and general public professionally and respectfully.
Ready-mix industry knowledge or related industry a plus. Required Skills
Valid Class B CDL and ability to maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and customers at all times.
- Ability to work outdoors with exposure to extreme heat and cold and other outdoor environmental conditions.
- Ability to operate equipment, tools and controls, perform repetitive movements with hands, wrists and feet, frequent reaching, climbing (up and down the truck several times a day), stooping, kneeling, crouching, sitting and lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and OT.
- Ability to pass pre-employment processes including criminal background check, DOT physical, drug screen, and Motor Vehicle Report.
- Ability to wear and use required Personal Protective Equipment.
Tracking Code: 2018-AR126
Job Location: New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular