Titan America Diesel Mechanic - Fayetteville, NC in Jacksonville, North Carolina
S&W; Ready Mix, Titan America is currently seeking a Class 8 Fleet Diesel Mechanic for the Fayetteville, NC Maintenance Shop. The Fleet Mechanic is responsible for coordinating and monitoring the maintenance and repair of various types of Class 8 mobile equipment in the Company’s shop or on public roadways as necessary and maximizes equipment availability through the use of efficient and proactive preventative maintenance programs. This position ensures compliance with all standards, policies, and regulations for safe, environmentally-sound maintenance activities.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Maintains, services and/or repairs fleet vehicles including road tractors and trailers, ready mix trucks, company owned light and medium duty trucks, and other construction equipment including but not limited to loaders, back hoes, dump trailers, rubber tire loaders and excavators.
- Maintains a clean and environmentally responsible work area.
- Repairs and services company vehicles within the guidelines and procedures outlined by the Company.
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures, State, Local, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Participates in continuous training and development within ones job classification.
Shall submit neat, accurate paperwork and required documentation and properly use "Work Orders" and "Purchase Orders". Required Skills
Possesses strong mechanical skills and training necessary to maintain, service and/or repair fleet vehicles including Freight Trucks, Ready Mix and any other service vehicles.
Displays a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times. Required Experience
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of education requirements.
- 2 or more years of previous related maintenance experience is preferred
- Experience in diagnosing and repair of Class 8 diesel engines, hydraulic systems, suspensions, drive-train components, electrical, air conditioning, air brakes, computer diagnostics and basic electrical welding.
Tracking Code: 2018-AR119
Job Location: Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular