Titan America Terminal Operator in Castle Hayne, North Carolina
Roanoke Cement Company
Castle Hayne NC
Titan Mid-Atlantic has an opening for a Temp Terminal Operatorfor its *Roanoke Cement Company *operation location in Castle Hayne, NC. This hourly positions will report directly to the Terminal Manager. The function of these positions is to successfully perform the day to day terminal operations.
- Loads tanker trucks or rail cars according to job orders and in a manner to minimize spillage and dust.
- Offload rail cars and ships in a manner to minimize spillage, dust and contamination.
- Operates small equipment such as bob-cats, forklifts, loaders, and Trackmobile.
- Diagnoses cause of equipment or plant malfunction to determine root cause of problem.
- Repairs plant and equipment, including compressors, pumps, gearboxes, blowers, etc. with limited supervision.
- Maintains grounds to include mowing, landscaping, snow and ice removal, etc.
- May make minor electrical repairs.
- Makes recommendations to appropriate plant personnel in a timely manner to prevent recurrence of problems.
- Performs all work in a manner to maximize production amounts and quality.
- Maintains safe and clean work area.
- Operates hand-help radio according to company policy and FCC regulations.
- Communicates verbally with all plant personnel.
Performs other duties as assigned. Required Skills
High school diploma or GED required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must have some knowledge of plant operating systems.
- Must have knowledge of machines and tools including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Physical job requirements include working outdoors with exposure to extreme heat and cold, constant standing and walking, climbing, working from heights and lifting up to 100 lbs.
- May be scheduled to work nights and weekends.
Titan America offers its employees a full range of company benefits and exceptional educational and career opportunities.
Success begins with hiring the right people to collaborate with us as we grow and develop our business. People are central to everything we do. It is through their efforts and talents that Titan has been successful for over 100 years. Interested, qualified applicants may apply for this position by submitting their resume online at https://titanamericacareers.silkroad.com. Learn more about us at www.titanamerica.com.
Titan America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Tracking Code: 2018-RE09
Job Location: Castle Hayne, North Carolina, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular